Credit Card Authorizations
Common Questions about Authorizations
- 1. Pending Charges to Your Credit Card
- 2. Credit Card Authorization Holds
- 3. PayPal Authorizations
- 4. Prepaid Charge and Gift Cards with Visa, Mastercard, or American Express Logos
- Pending Charges to Your Credit Card
If you used a credit card or Debit Card for an order that was attempted but not completed, an order that was cancelled, or an order that is still processing, and a charge from Sportsmans Creek appears on your statement, it is because your financial institution placed a temporary authorization on your account to ensure funds will be available if the order goes through.
This pending charge is an initial hold that temporarily lowers your available balance. Your account is not actually billed until the order ships, so if the order is cancelled and does not ship, the hold will automatically expire in accordance to the time frame set by your financial institution, and no action is required on your part.
- Credit Card Authorization Holds
- Each time an order is placed an authorization hold will occur on your credit or debit card to confirm the card is valid. The hold should be released within 3-5 business days.
- For cancelled orders, authorizations may still take 3 to 5 business days to be released. The length of the hold is determined by the bank or other financial institution that issued your card. You will not be charged for cancelled orders.
- For additional questions, please contact your financial institution or card provider.
- If a PayPal order is cancelled, an authorization hold may apply and should automatically drop off after 30 business days.
- For further information call 1-888-221-1161.
- Prepaid cards do not have authorizations placed on them by Sportsmans Creek. Any authorizations placed on prepaid cards are placed by the company issuing the card.
- All prepaid cards are charged when the order is placed and will be refunded if the order is cancelled. Refund can take up to 30 days.